Mushroom Experts Ready to Grow Mushroom Kit - Shiitake Mushrooms (Lentinula Edodes)
SECURE PAYMENTS WITH
BUY NOW, PAY LATER
Pay in 4, interest-free. Afterpay it.
ZIP NOW, PAY LATER
Repay on a convenient weekly, fortnightly or monthly schedule.
ENJOY NOW, PAY LATER
PLEASE NOTE: If you are NOT using your Mushroom Kit straight away, store it in the fridge. If you are gifting the kit - Take the bag out of the box and keep it in the fridge (re-box when ready to gift).
Shiitake Mushrooms (Lentinula Edodes)
Grow lots of fresh Shiitake mushrooms with this easy kit. We supply many commercial farms with this exact type of Shiitake block so you can be sure that you are getting a top-quality product.
- Type: choice edible, medicinal usage and compounds, research
- Characteristics: Light Tan & Dark Brown caps with white detail, tough, fibrous stems
- Best Temperature Range: 10-20’C
When your kit is finished, don’t throw it away! You can use it for compost in your garden or you can break the log up and use the inoculated sawdust to start your own logs from hardwood logs!
In The Box
-  x Mushroom Experts Ready to Grow Mushroom Kit - Shiitake Mushrooms (Lentinula Edodes)
What's Included in Your Mushroom Kit
Please take a moment to review the included items in your mushroom kit. If you have any other questions, our team is happy to assist further.
The kit contains:
- Mushroom Substrate Bag: This bag is pre-filled with the grain substrate on the bottom portion.
- Mushroom Spore Syringe: A sterile syringe containing the mushroom spore liquid culture solution and needle for inoculation.
Inoculation and Incubation Process
- First, use the provided sterile wipe to sanitize the area of the substrate bag where you will inject the liquid culture solution. This injection point should be located at the bottom grain portion.
- Next, insert the syringe needle. Use a lighter or gas stove flame to sterilize the needle until it turns red hot, then allow it to fully cool.
- Once cooled, use the syringe to inject the liquid culture directly into the grains through the substrate bag wall at the sterilized injection point. You only need the very tip of the needle inserted.
- After inoculating, apply sterile tape over the needle hole for containment. Your substrate bag has now been successfully inoculated with the mushroom liquid culture.
- Store the inoculated bag in a dry, dark location with an average temperature of 24°C, such as a cabinet or drawer. Check back within 1-2 weeks to ensure full colonization of the grains, which will appear white.
- Once fully colonized, gently mix the substrate and grains by hand-shaking the bag, being careful not to damage the sealed top. Return it to the storage conditions for an additional 2 weeks.
Tip: Most Mushroom Substrate bags should be white. some mushroom strains (like Lion's mane) sometimes do not look like they are fully colonised, but as long as the bag feels firm your Mushroom Substrate bag is ok.
Please let us know if you require any other guidance during the cultivation process. We're here to support your successful mushroom growing.