Oyster Shell Flour is a premium Calcium source that takes longer to break down than other Calcium sources. This means by using Oyster Shell Flour you significantly reduce the risk of lockout issues arising when compared with alternative Calcium sources, which can be completely broken down in a few weeks in an active enough rhizosphere.
What is Oyster Shell Flour?
Our freshly ground Oyster Shell Flour is composed of a complex Calcium Carbonate matrix, interlocked with trace elements and covered in kelp and microbes. Oyster Shell Flour has been shown to:
- Act as a Liming agent for the soil, providing pH buffering
- Improve soil tilth
- Provide and help to sustain favourable conditions for microbial activity
- Stimulate enzyme activity
- Increase Cationic Exchange Capacity (CEC)
- Boost the plants immune system
In addition, the slow release Calcium is utilized by plants to facilitate the movement of heavy macro-molecules around plants, helping to increase the structural integrity, promote new growth and increase resistance to disease.
Oyster Shell also contains Chitin which is beneficial to the plants immune system when converted into chitosan by an enzyme released from the plant (chitanase).
How do I use Oyster Shell Flour?
Oyster Shell Flour should be used as a soil amendment. Apply 1 cup per 30L of base mix that is already in a 1:1:1 ratio.
Note: Due to the fine grain size, we recommend you be careful when handling Oyster Shell Flour and consider wearing PPE.
In The Box
-  x Organic Gardening Solutions Oyster Shell Flour - 1KG | Boost Plants Immune System