Silica must be used throughout both vegetative and flowering phases. Electron microscopy and x-ray analysis both confirm that existing silica within the plant is not mobile and cannot benefit new growth. To benefit new growth, therefore, silica must be present at all times in the nutrient solution. Various research projects have shown that the presence of silica in plant tissue produces several beneficial side effects:
- Silica produces healthier and stronger plant growth. When silica is taken up by the roots, it is deposited in the cell walls of the plant as a solid, rigid 'quartz-like' matrix. This produces a ‘mechanically’ stronger plant which enables superior leaf orientation and therefore greater rates of photosynthesis and growth.
- Increases the weight and shelf-life of fruit due to the physical accumulation of silica in plant cells.
- Increases plant tolerance to heat stress or “wilting”.
- Increases resistance to fungal diseases particularly mildews and botrytis. It resists fungal ingress by accumulating around the points of fungal attack.
- Improves the healing rate and neatness of pruning wounds. This property is especially beneficial in the commercial cropping of plants such as tomato and cucumber. Regular pruning of these species threatens the plant's survival due to the risk of disease penetration through the site of the pruning wound.
DocumentsDownload PDF brochure
- When to Use: Veg and bloom phase
- Dosage: 0.2ml/L (0.8ml/Gal)
- Substrates: Hydro / Coco / Soil
- Bottle Sizes: 250ml, 1L, and 5L
In The Box
-  x FlairForm Silika Majic - 250ML / 1L / 5L
- SilikaMajic produces healthier & stronger plant growth
- Increases the weight & shelf-life of fruit
- Increases plant tolerance to heat stress (wilting)
- Improves the healing rate and neatness of pruning wounds
- SilikaMajic contains 15% potassium silicate (NPK 0-0-10)
- Fully soluble and indefinite shelf-life
- For use in hydroponics, soil or coco
- Use during vegetative & flowering
- Dose rate 0.2ml/L (0.8ml/Gal)
- Available in 250ml, 1L, 5L, and 20L
- Technical: Click here to view product labels, feed charts, brochures and MSDS
STEP 1. Dosing
- Fill the nutrient reservoir with low EC water then add GREEN DREAM ‘A’ followed by GREEN DREAM ‘B’ then the additives. Add in the sequence shown in the chart (left to right) and stir thoroughly after each addition. Never pre-mix nutrients and additives in concentrated form. Pre-dilute SILIKAMAJIC 10-fold with plain water before adding to the reservoir. *BUDGENIE: For increased weight use up to 5ml/L for heavy feeders (yields “Final EC” 2.25mS/cm).
STEP 2. pH Control
- Check pH is between 5.0 and 6.5 (below 6.0 may enhance nutrient uptake).
STEP 3. Feed frequency
- Generally use this nutrient solution with each watering.
STEP 4. Maintenance
- Maintain nutrient temperature between 68-77 deg F (20-25 deg C). Cover the reservoir to prevent evaporation and exposure to light.
- ‘Recirculating' hydroponic systems: Maintain pH as in Step 2. Keep reservoir topped up with water. Do not allow EC to fall more than 0.3mS (maintain by adding GreenDream A and B). Discard, flush, and replace the nutrient solution every 7-10 days.
- Coco Coir or Soil systems: Flush the medium every 1-2 weeks with plain water.
- Apply Pythoff for root problems such as root browning or fungus gnat infestations