Everything you need to clean, hydrate and calibrate pH probes as well as clean and test conductivity (ppm/EC) probes.
The instrument is only as accurate as the probe is clean. Accurate readings simplify crop management and provide improved growth.
Probe cleaning and correctly storing pH probes ensures you get the most accurate readings possible and will maximize the life of a probe.
The probe surface is where the instrument takes the reading of the solution or soil/media. If the probe face is dirty or contaminated, the readings may be inaccurate. Much like the windshield of a car, if it s dirty you can t see out! If the probe face is dirty, it cannot read the solution or soil accurately.
A tip if the conductivity reads low, the probe needs cleaning. pH probes specifically, should be kept wet at all times for optimal performance and life.
In The Box
- Probe care instructions
- 20ml single-use Bluelab Solution Sachets, 2 each of: pH 7.0 & pH 4.0, KCl, 2.77 EC.
- 3x plastic cups
- Bluelab pH Probe Cleaner
- Bluelab Conductivity Probe Cleaner
- Bluelab Toothbrush (pH probe cleaning instrument)
- Bluelab Chamois (conductivity probe cleaning instrument)
Follow a few easy steps for longer probe life and greater accuracy:
- Rinse the probe tip in fresh tap water between readings and after use.
- Keep the pH probe tip wet by placing the storage cap on the probe when not in use. If it dries, it dies.
- The pH probe is a glass instrument, handle it with care.
- Ensure the shroud stays on the conductivity probe at all times, except when cleaning.
Every 30 days, remember these simple steps:
- CLEAN - the probe tip
- HYDRATE - the pH probe in KCI storage soultion
- CALIBRATE - the pH probe to two pH points: pH 7.0 and pH 4.0.
- TEST - the conductivity probe in 2.77 EC solutions.
- STORE - the pH probe in KCI storage solution.