Nutrient Film Technique (NFT)
The nutrient film technique (NFT) is a hydroponic growing technique where a small, shallow stream of nutrient-rich water is recirculated over roots through a channel, gutter, or tube. The nutrient film technique (NFT) is similar to the ebb and flow system in that it utilizes a pump to move nutrients in a continuous, constant flow. The difference with NFT is that the solution flows directly over the roots.
What you need to build an N.F.T. system:
- Container to hold the nutrient solution (a reservoir)
- Submersible fountain/pond pump
- Tubing to distribute water from the pump to the N.F.T. growing tubes
- Growing tubes for the plants to grow in (also called a gully/channel)
- starter cubes, or small baskets and growing media to start seedlings
- Return system (tubing, channels) to guide the used nutrient solution back to the reservoir
Visit in-store or order online at hydroexperts.com.au and get free delivery over $499. Only at HYDRO EXPERTS!
1 Related Content Found
Flushing Your Hydroponic System: Water vs. Agents Author: Chris Bond Date Posted: 14 January 2020
Takeaway: Whether or not to flush is not the question. This is as true for your personal bathroom habits as it is for your hydroponic system — flushing is a must. Basics of Flushing The flushing of any hydroponic system is done as a practical matter. Any operator of a hydroponic system that does not at least occasionally perform this measure will ultimately fail at growing anything due to the buildup of bacteria, algae, etc., that finds its way into e ...