The Blumat system supplies plants with water directly through porous clay cones- the surrounding soil, when dry, draws moisture out of the cone. Water then re-fills the cone from the adjacent reservoir.
Prerequisite for correct operation is a lower or equal water level in the reservoir. A limited capacity for transporting water is designed to meet the needs of indoor plants, two different cone sizes allow for a better fit according to the plant's requirements.
Larger plants require more Blumat drippers in order to provide sufficient water. If the system is planned for long term use, it will be necessary to refill the water supply container on a regular basis.
How does Blumat for Houseplants actually work?
First, the Blumat for Houseplants is filled with water and sealed. The suction tube must be free of air, carefully bleed any air bubbles from tube. As the soil dries, the ceramic cone delivers water gradually into the surrounding earth-thereby creating a subpressure within the cone. The subpressure causes water to be sucked from the nearby container of water.
This is the same tensiometer principle as used in the Tropf-Blumat (drip system) However, in the Tropf-Blumat System, the subpressure is used to activate a valve and water is fed under pressure to the plants.
In The Box
-  x Blumat Clay cones
-  x Stoppers with water feeding tube attached
AUTOMATED, NATURAL WATERING
- Simple & effective watering system for potted plants
- Each cone delivers approx 75mL/24h
- Requires no timers or power source
- Delivers the perfect amount of water
- Will not over-water
- Ideal for holidays & all year round
- Suitable for small to medium pots
- Blumat is ready to use at any time.
- Very easy installation.
- The plants stay in their usual location.
- No repotting is required.